ABFRL decides to acquire and merge TCNS

It’s an interesting transaction structure – 1st stage – ABFRL will acquire 51% of TCNS at Rs 503/ share for a total cash consideration of Rs 1,650 crore; implying a valuation of Rs 3,235 cr. This is similar to TCNS’s current market price. 20.19% to 29% through open offer. Open offer is to comply with … Read more

SJS makes a significant impactful acquisition

SJS is acquiring 90.1% stake in Walter Pack Automotive Products India Private Limited (WPI). WPI is a 85% subsidiary of Walter Pack Spain(WPS) . Remaining 15.0% is held by the Indian promoter and founder, Mr. Roy Mathew. SJS is acquiring the full 85% of WPS and 5.1% from Mr Mathew. Mr Mathew will continue to … Read more

Raymond sells FMCG business to GCPL. Demerges Lifestyle.

Restructuring/ consolidation continues at Raymonds. It has taken further key decisions – 1. The associate Company, Raymond Consumer Care Limited (RCCL), sells FMCG business to Godrej Consumer Products (GCPL). The divested business include condom brands KamaSutra and Premium and deodorant brands Park Avenue and DS. Raymond’s condom plant in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, will continue to do the … Read more

China’s Midea is said to make takeover approach to Electrolux

Midea Group Co. is exploring a potential acquisition of Electrolux AB, according to people familiar with the matter, a bold move by the Chinese home appliance giant to add the higher-end luxury Swedish brand despite potential political opposition. Midea made a preliminary approach in recent weeks to the white-goods manufacturer about a potential deal, said … Read more

IPCA acquires significant stake in Unichem

IPCA Laboratories is acquiring 33.38% from the promoters of Unichem Laboratories (UL). Promoters before this transaction owned 50.94% of UL. Out of the balance, 9.85% was held by the institutions and 39.21% by the retail investors.  Transaction is announced @ Rs 440/ share aggregating to Rs 1,034.06 cr. This implies a premium of about 17% … Read more

Nestle rumoured to be in talks to acquire Ching’s Secret

As per the newspaper reports, Nestle is in discussions to acquire Mumbai-based Capital Foods Pvt Ltd (CFPL). CFPL makes the Ching’s Secret brand of spicy noodles and fusion chutneys infused with so-called “desi Chinese” flavors. It also sells Smith & Jones cooking pastes and masala mixes. The Company was promoted by the current Chairman, Ajay … Read more

Controlling stakeholder Crompton decides to merge Butterfly with itself

Crompton had acquired controlling stake in Butterfly last year. For details check here. Currently, Crompton owns 75% stake in the Company, previous promoter group 7.78%, DIIs 5.61% and balance 11.58%  by public. Crompton has now decided to merge Butterfly within itself. Consequently, there would be only one listed entity i.e., Crompton and other shareholders of … Read more

Mahanagar Gas goes for inorganic route

Mahanagar Gas (MGL) is acquiring 100% of Unison Enviro Private Limited (UEPL). UEPL incorporated in December 2015, is a subsidiary of Ashoka Buildcon. The Company has been supported by Morgan Stanley India Infrastructure fund since pre revenue days. It has been granted authorization from Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) to develop City Gas … Read more

Minda acquires significant stake in Pricol. Sparks hostile takeover buzz.

Minda Corporation has acquired 15.70% stake in Pricol through open market transactions. Shares have been acquired @ Rs 209/ share, similar to the current prevailing price. The amount spent on acquisition is Rs 400 cr Did Pricol promoters also sold any shares? Promoters held 36.53% stake in Pricol as at December 31, 2022. Of the … Read more