As was expected, Abdrn (formerly Standard Life Aberdeen) has finally sold off it’s balance 1.66% stake of HDFC Life.
- Pre-IPO in 2017, Standard Life (now Abdrn) held 35% stake in the Company.
- Adrdn has been monetising its investments in India as part of its plans at the parent level to shore up capital reserves in it’s home markets. It’s not much to do with HDFC Life’s business and potential.
- Similar to HDFC Life, Abrdn (Standard Life) has over the years reduced it’s stake in HDFC AMC from 29.97% in September 2018 to 10.20% as at March 2023 end.
- Current stake has been sold at Rs 579.60/ share totalling Rs 2,069 cr. Selling price is similar to the prevailing market price.
- Purchasers included SBI Mutual Fund, Society Generale, Norges Bank, WF Asian Smaller Companies Fund, Aditya Birla Sun Life MF, ICICI Prudential MF and T Rowe Price Asia.