Gati is targeting to become a Rs 3,000 crore revenue company in the next three years – it’s Chief Executive Officer Pirojshaw Sarkari has said.
Key points to note –
- Company reported revenues of Rs 1,488 crore during trailing twelve months ended September 30, 2021.
- The target therefore implies doubling of this number in 3 years.
- Compare this with a revenue CAGR of 4% in the last 10 years and 14% in the last 12 months.
- Sarkari, who joined the company about four months ago did mention that during last 5-7 years, the company got distracted before coming under the ownership of Allcargo (who now owns 47.3% of Gati).
- He mentions that Gati’s network however remains it’s strength covering 735 out of the country’s 739 districts and more than 19,800 PIN codes.
- He said segments such as key existing customer accounts, MSMEs and B2B retail are expected to drive the targeted growth.
- In terms of infrastructure, the Company is targeting to open 12 large hubs (like the one recently opened at Farukhnagar in Gurugram ) in next 3 years to support the increased volumes and provide better services.
Logistics is an interesting sector and becomes important with the ongoing economic revival. Whether Gati would be able to achieve the targeted numbers, is anybody’s guess !