After consistent delays over the last few months, Hero has kept up with the festival period launch of it’s much awaited VIDA Electric Scooter.
- The model is called VIDA V1 and is being offered in two variants – V1 Pro and V1 Plus.
- Top speed is 80 kmph, running range is indicated at 143 and 165 kms respectively and the scooter will have removable battery that can also be charged at home.
- The batteries are covered by a warranty valid for three years or up to 30,000 kms.
- VIDA V1 is being launched in a phased manner – Delhi, Bengaluru and Jaipur to begin with.
- Pricing is kept at Rs 1,45,000 and Rs 1,59,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) respectively. This is steep compared with the unorganised alternatives, is at 10-25% premium to the likes of Ather but comparable with the organised competition like TVS and Bajaj.
- Bookings will start from October 7, 2022 and deliveries are promised from the 2nd week of December 2022.
Product features, pricing, technology, tone of the press as well as the management – everything is indicating a cautious but measured launch by the Company…. and rightly so.
How it evolves – remains to be seen.
Personally, there is nothing for me to be excited or disappointed with this launch.