Rohit Jawa will take over as MD & CEO w.e.f, 27th June, 2023 upto 26th June, 2028, i.e., for 5 years. He will also takeover as President, Unilever South Asia.
He is taking both positions from the well respected veteran Sanjiv Mehta
- Sanjiv served at the position for 10 years, which one can consider to be the maximum norm at a place like Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL). Besides, anyways Sanjiv at 62 yrs of age (past retirement age), could not have expected more at an organisation like HUL.
- He had a super successful stint. Investors love him for what he had done at HUL during this 10 year period. Market cap during the period, increased more than four times from $17 bn to $75 bn.
- Sanjiv in his linkedin post has indicated to announce his next innings soon.
Rohit as a successor seems equally worthy and unlikely investors would have any person specific concerns.
- At 56 yrs of age, he is currently the Chief of Transformation for Unilever in London.
- He started his career with HUL as a management trainee in 1988 and has a proven track record of sustained business results across – India, South East Asia, and North Asia.
- As EVP for North Asia & Chairman for Unilever China, he led a significant transformation of Unilever China into a competitive, profitable, and consistent business, now Unilever’s 3rd biggest globally.
- As the Chairman of Unilever Philippines, he led the business to become one of the top 10 markets for Unilever globally.