The Company has confirmed that it is developing a nasal spray for COVID-19 prevention for which it has initiated the clinical trials.
Key points to note –
- The product would be helpful in preventing infection and transmission of COVID-19.
- It has been developed by scientists at ITC Life Sciences and Technology Centre (LSTC). The same team during initial Covid outbreak was key behind the launch of ITC’s hygiene products.
- Post approval, nasal spray may get launched under the Savlon brand.
- Timelines for approval and launch are currently unclear.
Though market was excited post the announcement, personally I am more keen to understand ITC’s strategy around the overall segment.
- What is the thought process behind this segment?
- What are ITC’s budget spend targets towards this business?
- Which other products is LSTC developing currently and what can be expected in the foreseeable future?
- What is the marketing strategy around these products? Would it be over the counter or routed through medical prescriptions? Both are very-2 different and need a completely different strategy.
- and many more…
One off opportunistic product launches don’t excite me as such.