Whirlpool acquires additional 38% equity in Elica

In June 2018, Whirlpool had acquired 49% strategic interest in Elica PB India (Elica) to expand the cooking business. Whirlpool has now acquired additional 38% stake in Elica for an estimated $57 mn – bringing the total stake to 87% and consequently Elica becoming a subsidiary of Whirlpool. Elica PB India, is the Indian arm … Read more

Verizon selling Yahoo, AOL unit to Apollo in $5-billion deal

AOL and Yahoo are being sold again, this time to a private equity firm. Verizon will sell Verizon Media, which consists of the pioneering tech platforms, to Apollo Global Management in a $5 billion deal. Verizon said Monday that it will keep a 10 per cent stake in the new company, which will be called … Read more